By Celenise Mahmood, CWC
I had grown so tired of cooking and preparing meals everyday. Afterall, who designated moms as the person responsible for nourishing the entire household indefinitely anyway? Prepping meals had become such an issue in my household, especially at lunch that I was ready to join the strike and start my own Government Shutdown in my home. I understand that sometimes you don't feel like spending too much time in the kitchen. Here are 15 easy recipe ideas for those moments:
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich: Make a classic grilled cheese sandwich by buttering two slices of bread, adding cheese in between, and grilling it until it's crispy and the cheese is melted.
- Pasta with Olive Oil and Garlic: Cook your favorite pasta, then toss it with olive oil, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, and a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Avocado Toast: Mash ripe avocados on whole-grain toast and season with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice. You can also add toppings like sliced tomatoes, radishes, or poached eggs.
- Frozen Pizza: Keep some frozen pizzas on hand for a quick and satisfying meal. You can also add extra toppings like sliced olives, mushrooms, or bell peppers.
- Quesadillas: Fill tortillas with cheese, and add any leftovers you have like cooked chicken, veggies, or beans. Cook in a pan until the tortillas are crispy and the cheese is melted.
- Salad with Rotisserie Chicken: Pick up a rotisserie chicken from the store and shred it. Toss it with pre-washed salad greens and your favorite dressing for a quick salad.
- Easy Omelette: Beat eggs in a bowl, add diced veggies, cheese, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook in a pan over medium high heat with olive oil until the eggs are set.
- Cereal or Yogurt Parfait: A bowl of cereal with milk or a yogurt parfait with granola and berries can make a quick and easy breakfast or snack. Drizzle with Moodwell Rest and Restore Terpene Agave as an relaxing, low glycemic option.
- Pita Bread Pizzas: Spread tomato sauce on pita bread, add cheese, and your favorite pizza toppings. Broil in the oven until the cheese is bubbly.
- Stir-Fry: Use frozen stir-fry vegetables and pre-cooked chicken or tofu. Stir-fry everything in a pan with a store-bought stir-fry sauce and serve over rice.
- Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich: Spread peanut butter on bread, add sliced bananas, and drizzle with honey for a tasty sandwich. Drizzle with Moodwell Terpene Agave as an energizing, low glycemic option.
- Tuna Salad: Mix canned tuna with mayonnaise, chopped celery, and a dash of mustard. Serve it on bread, crackers, or lettuce leaves.
- Couscous or Instant Rice: Prepare couscous or instant rice according to the package instructions and add some canned or frozen veggies for a quick side dish.
- BLT Wrap: Make a wrap with crispy bacon, lettuce, tomato slices, and a dollop of mayonnaise or avocado.
- Hummus and Veggie Plate: Serve store-bought hummus with a variety of fresh vegetables, pita bread, or crackers for dipping.
These recipes are simple, require minimal cooking, and can be customized to your taste. They're perfect for those times when you want a quick and easy meal without much fuss.